"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." - Harriet Van Horne

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." - Harriet Van Horne

Monday, June 20, 2011

Chefgirl Biscuits and Gravy





My husband loves biscuits and gravy and is somewhat of a connoisseur in the area. I decided to make him homemade biscuits and gravy for his Father's Day breakfast. They were a hit. Then we headed off to the California Automobile Museum where he spotted a Lamborghini and it was love at first sight. I felt bad dragging his from his new love but alas love is not always enough. After that we hit Funderland, and we all had a blast. I even rode on a few rides, which is a miracle for me considering they terrify me. We are going to Disneyland this summer so I thought I should start getting prepared. After the fun park we went to the best ice cream in Sacramento: Gunther's. It was so yummy and my husband ordered 2 things!!! We got him a Nintendo 3DS for Father's Day so after the ice cream run, we headed to Best Buy and Game Stop to pick up some games. That night I made pulled chicken sandwiches for dinner and then my workaholic husband headed out to take a flight to be at a case in Eureka first thing in the a.m. It was so fun spending time with him and I think he really enjoyed the day. Here is the recipe for the biscuits and gravy.







Biscuits and Gravy:

Ingredients
1/3 lb Jimmy Deans sage breakfast sausage(or any flavor you prefer)
2 T flour
1 to 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream (milk is okay too)
salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
In a large nonstick skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat. DO NOT DRAIN. When sausage is cooked, sprinkle with flour and cook for 1 minute, continually stirring. Then add the whipping cream until the desired consistency is achieved. You can thin it out with regular milk if it gets too thick. Season with salt and pepper and serve over your favorite biscuits. I make Ina Garten's homemade biscuits from her cookbook Family Style. If you like a little heat, serve with hot sauce and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment